What is the behavioural and activity patterns of mobile users today? Here are some quick statistics.
- There are currently more than 1 billion smartphone users in the world.
- Mobile penetration rates in Singapore have risen steadily over the years, up to 156% in 2013.
- 60% of social media time is spent on smartphones and tablets, rather than desktop computers.
- 80% of people use smartphones to search on the go.
- Access to money saving offers were voted as one of the most important functions on smartphones (67%). Store locator tools (60%) and being able to purchase directly (58%) were also voted the top value functions for smartphones.
What does this mean? If you have a website or social media platform, it would be a grave mistake not to optimise it for mobile devices. Purchasing decisions have shifted increasingly into the online and mobile sphere, so make sure to adapt accordingly and be where your customers are. Click here to read more about Mobile Marketing and learn how you can mobile optimise your business.
Adobe 2013 Digital Publishing Report
IDA POI, Infocomm Development Authority Singapore